Floating staircases are a type of staircase with treads that appear to be suspended in midair. They are often made of wood, metal, or glass, and can be straight, curved, or spiral. Floating staircases are a popular choice for modern homes, as they add a touch of elegance and sophistication.
Our team outlines a comprehensive plan for efficient railing installation, including materials, budget, and steps involved.
We present a range of railing design options to clients for their consideration and selection.
Our skilled technicians ensure proper installation of the chosen railing design with top-notch tools and techniques.
Benefits of Installing a Floating Staircase
Installing a floating staircase can offer quite a few benefits that make them a captivating choice in modern interior design.
Firstly, floating staircases are renowned for their aesthetic appeal. The illusion of floating stairs creates a sense of openness and spaciousness, making them a perfect fit for contemporary, minimalist or modern design concepts. This design choice can transform the look and feel of a space.
Secondly, floating staircases are versatile in terms of materials and styles. Whether crafted from wood, glass, or steel, they offer a range of design possibilities. This adaptability allows homeowners and designers to customize their floating stairs to match the overall theme of a space.
And finally, while the initial floating stairs cost may be higher than traditional staircases, the investment often pays off in the long run. Their durability and low maintenance requirements make them a wise choice for those seeking a long-lasting and visually striking architectural feature. Floating staircase may also be a good addition to the price of your property in case you plan or reselling it.
With Floating Staircases
GET A QUOTE FOR FLOATING STAIRCASES TODAY!
Floating Stair Treads Options
Popular Materials for Floating Stairs
When it comes to designing modern floating stairs, the choice of materials plays an important role in achieving the desired aesthetic and durability. Floating stairs come in various materials, each with its own unique characteristics.
Floating wood stairs is a timeless favorite for floating stairs. It exudes warmth and natural beauty, making it a popular choice for traditional and modern designs alike. The cost of floating stairs made from wood can vary depending on the type of wood used, with options like oak, walnut, or maple.
Floating steel stairs is another frequently chosen option due to its contemporary and industrial appeal. It offers a sleek and minimalistic look, making it ideal for modern interior designs. The floating stairs price may be influenced by factors such as the thickness of the steel and the intricacy of the design.
Floating glass stairs is a stunning option for those who prioritize transparency and light flow. Glass floating stairs and floating steps provide an airy, weightless appearance, making them suitable for spaces where maintaining an open feel is important.
Ultimately, the selection of materials for floating stairs should align with the design vision and the cost of floating stairs, ensuring a harmonious and visually striking element within the space. So the final decision is yours.
Why Choose Floating Stairs by Luxury Staircase Railings
There are several advantages to choosing Luxury Staircase Railings for your floating staircase project:
- Expertise in Floating Staircases. Luxury Staircase Railings specializes in creating cutting-edge floating staircases. Our experience ensures that your staircase design is not only contemporary but also structurally sound.
- Customization and Design Options. We offer a wide range of design options for your floating staircase, allowing you to tailor it to your specific preferences. Whether you’re interested in wood, steel, or glass treads, they can accommodate your vision. You have your own ideas? We’ll gladly listen to them and incorporate your vision into a final product.
- Quality Staircase Railing. Luxury Staircase Railings excels in crafting high-quality staircase railing solutions, including cable railing systems. These railings provide safety while adding a touch of elegance to your staircase.
- Transparent Pricing. We understand the importance of managing the floating staircase cost. Our transparent pricing structure ensures that you have a clear understanding of the expenses involved, making it easier to plan your budget effectively.
- Skilled Craftsmanship. Our commitment to craftsmanship and providing the best quality possible means that your floating staircase will be built with precision and attention to detail, ensuring a lasting and visually stunning addition to your space.
Choosing Luxury Staircase Railings guarantees a seamless and enjoyable experience when creating your modern floating staircase, all while offering excellent staircase railing solutions and cost-effective services.
Our clients say about floating staircases
Floating staircases - Frequently Asked Questions
Floating stairs, also known as cantilevered stairs, are a modern and stylish architectural design choice for staircases. They create the illusion of steps “floating” in mid-air without the traditional visible support structures like stringers or risers. Typically, these stairs are anchored to the wall or hidden beneath the treads, giving them a sleek and minimalist appearance.
The cost of floating stairs can vary significantly depending on various factors. Here are the key considerations that influence the price:
- Materials: The choice of materials is a major cost factor. Common options include wood, glass, metal, and concrete. Premium or custom materials will increase the overall cost.
- Design Complexity: The complexity of the design, including the number of steps and any unique features, impacts the cost. Elaborate designs tend to be more expensive.
- Customization: Tailored floating stairs designed for a specific space or with special features are generally more expensive than off-the-shelf options.
- Location and Accessibility: The installation location and ease of access can affect costs. Difficult-to-reach areas may require more labor and equipment.
- Labor Costs: Labor costs can vary by location and the experience of the installers. It’s essential to hire professionals for safety and quality.
- Additional Features: Features like LED lighting, glass balustrades, or custom finishes add to the overall cost.
- Permits and Codes: Depending on your location, permits and inspections may be required, adding to the project cost.
Floating stairs can range from a few thousand dollars to tens of thousands of dollars or more. To get an accurate estimate, consult local contractors or staircase manufacturers who can provide quotes based on your specific needs and design preferences. Consider your budget and design choices when planning your staircase project.
Floating stairs work by distributing the weight of each step differently compared to traditional staircases. Instead of relying on visible structural support underneath, floating stairs use a hidden support system that can be anchored to the wall or concealed within the treads themselves. The key components include:
- Treads: The horizontal steps you walk on. These are often made of materials like wood, glass, or metal.
- Stringers or Spine: A central support structure, typically hidden, which connects the treads and provides stability. This can be achieved with steel beams or other structural elements.
- Wall-Mounted or Hidden Supports: These supports secure the stringers to the wall or floor structure, ensuring the staircase remains stable.
- Balustrades: Handrails, guardrails, or other safety features can be added for safety and aesthetics.
Floating stairs can be designed in various configurations, such as straight, L-shaped, U-shaped, or circular, depending on your space and design preferences. Remember that proper installation and engineering are crucial for safety and durability when it comes to floating stairs.
Floating staircases can be constructed using various materials, including wood, glass, steel, concrete, or a combination of these. The choice of material often depends on the desired aesthetic and the structural requirements.
When designed and installed correctly by professionals, floating stairs can be just as safe as traditional staircases. However, their safety relies on precise engineering, high-quality materials, and compliance with local building codes and safety regulations. It’s essential to hire experienced professionals to design and install your floating stairs to ensure they meet safety standards and provide a secure means of vertical circulation in your space.