Landscape design of a suburban area: photo ideas
For most people, the dacha has ceased to represent a place with endless beds, on which you need to work tirelessly almost all summer. Now a country plot is a territory for recreation and aesthetic enjoyment. Landscape design will help to ensure the harmonious unity of man with nature. About the wonderful ideas for the garden – in our article.
Features of landscape design
Landscape design is located at the junction of construction, architecture and crop production. For the competent design of the landscape, it is also necessary to have certain information about the stylistic directions and the rules of harmony of forms.
Landscape decoration is a real art, which has been practiced by professionals for many centuries. However, if you want to transform the territory of the dacha yourself, it is enough for you to familiarize yourself with the basics of planning and ready-made projects in order to put into practice those ideas that you like.
So, before starting work, pay attention to the following provisions:
– for the transformation of the site, both objects of living and inanimate nature and objects created by man are used, while each of them must fit into the overall composition;
– it is necessary to take care of the finished garden, so if you can’t regularly devote time to this, stop at simple solutions;
– think over the main idea and work plan, create a basic scheme, and add decorative elements to it;
– not every project will be implemented in practice. Take into account the quality of the soil and the degree of illumination – each plant requires special conditions for normal development.
It is easiest to work in one subject, which will determine the geometry of the location of the plantings. Please note that its choice is influenced by the architecture of buildings.
A traditional-style garden is also called a regular one. First of all, it is characterized by a sustained order and symmetry. Ideally, the direction is embodied in country estates with a vast territory, but it is quite possible to implement such projects in the small expanses of the country house.
Plant shrubs and trees with a dense crown, which can then be given the correct shape. Take care of them in a timely manner and trim them. Lay straight paths, and arrange flower beds, alleys, lawns, ponds and stalls in geometric configurations (polygons, ovals and circles are suitable).
Classics require the selection of natural materials and the execution of other buildings in a similar direction. The color palette is restrained, basic shades are suitable. You can complement the design with a fountain in the center of the composition, topiary plants, as well as beautiful sculptures in the antique style.
The simplicity and comfort of rustic front gardens and gardens look cute and relaxed. It is this direction that has been familiar to mankind since time immemorial, when all representatives of society lived in simple houses with modest but neat lawns.
Country music is characterized by such elements:
– fruit trees, vegetable beds;
– lush flowerbeds of free design;
– trails made of wood cuts, stone, gravel, ordinary earthen options;
– decorative details made by yourself;
– wooden gazebos and benches surrounded by vegetation;
– a small pond of natural shape;
– a combination of natural colors with colorful and cheerful shades.
Eco – style
The trend direction softens the contradictions between the man-made environment and natural motives. The purpose of the eco-garden is to recreate a wilderness area in a private area. Therefore, the main rule is naturalness and ease, let it go:
– natural materials;
– cultivated varieties together with field, forest plants;
– sheds and huts;
– tree bridges, benches, stumps and sawn-offs;
– creative crafts and lamps;
– garden furniture of rough configurations.
A somewhat exotic current for our open spaces. It requires an appropriate minimalist finish for buildings, which is not always typical for dachas. And yet individual motives can quite organically fall on a standard basis.
To organize a garden with features of the Japanese tradition, use:
– streams, bowls of water, small lakes;
– stone gardens with the use of pebbles;
– light, asymmetrical spaces, conducive to contemplation;
– low coniferous plants, moss, sand;
– bamboo fences;
– combined paving;
– seasoned color scheme (black, white, sandy, green, brown, gray);
– the main attention is paid to harmony, naturalness.
The minimalist style came from interior design. It stands on the same foundations – simplicity and conciseness in everything. With a limited set of tools, it is necessary to perform a maximum of functional tasks, express the main idea, creating lightness and spaciousness.
The minimalist landscape is distinguished by the following features:
– the plot resembles a studio apartment;
– the tracks have smooth and straight lines;
– rectangular shapes;
– black, white, gray, beige, terracotta and green shades;
– abstract sculptures;
– mirrors, spotlights;
– furniture made of aluminum and plastic.
To start gardening, you need to make a plan and decide on the varieties of plants for planting and their location. In this situation, it is best to use the traditional zoning algorithm:
– The outer side is a fence, which can be a fence or a hedge;
– Internal – located directly near the main building;
– Intermediate – places to relax and areas accessible to the eye that need to be improved.
As for the outer part, it can be greened at will. Install a beautiful fence and gate, and then supplement the fence with a hedge along the entire plane or partially. Vegetation for fencing is suitable for different: fruit trees or shrubs in one or two lines. Tall trees are planted in one row, it can be: cedar, fir, pine, plum, mulberry or apple tree.
For double-row planting, choose shrubs: rose, currant, lilac. You can also arrange vertical landscaping, hang pots of flowers on the fence or plant trailing plants next to it. Such vegetation will provide an excellent aesthetic appearance and an incomparable smell.
For the territory near the house, plant low-growing bushes or organize a neat flower bed. In this area, a flower garden looks organically-a border, a monocolor or a mixborder. Mark the boundaries and regularly take care of the flowers – and you will create a cheerful image of your porch.
The intermediate zone is the most important and time-consuming. Arrange a lawn over the entire area. Then it all depends on your plans. For example, combine juicy green grass with an alpine slide or rockery. Constructions in the form of swings, gazebos, pergolas can be transformed with ivy or convolvulus. All types of flower beds will be appropriate for this zone, it is only important to combine them correctly with the rest of the design details. Decorate the plot with original flower beds: multidimensional, in the form of a stream, on elevations, in boxes, baskets, old shoes, logs, and so on.
Reservoirs are deservedly located on one of the main positions in landscape decoration, emphasizing the features and perception of space, as well as filling it with functionality. Modern design offers many different variations of reservoirs that you can pay attention to when planning: fountain, pool, stream, pond (classic, landscape), garden aquarium, mini-pond in any capacity (can be made with your own hands), multi-level (including streams and waterfalls).
Choosing the type of reservoir, start from its functions, as well as the general concept of your cottage. Before planning, you should take a closer look at the natural terrain of the landscape. Use them to create artificial ponds – it will look as natural and harmonious as possible.
The shape and size can be absolutely anything. When determining these parameters, it is necessary to take into account the style of the entire garden, the location of the water area and the functional purpose.
Garden paths are a necessary part of the modern design of the courtyard of a private house. Despite the fact that the main function of the paths is to create safe conditions for moving around your site, they also give the opportunity to zone and decorate the courtyard area. Garden paths can be made of a variety of materials, such as large flat stones, a variety of bricks, fine gravel or concrete slabs. By combining materials, fencing paths with small borders or decorating them with additional elements, you can achieve not only the desired functionality, but also the decoration of the territory.
Depending on the wishes of the owner and the general concept, certain geometric shapes can be used. Straight or winding paths in the company of rectangular or oval flower beds will create a unique image of the space.
Sometimes private ownership does not have a perfectly flat surface, but hills and pits. It is not necessary to fight with nature and level the site, it is best to succumb to her will and combine trails with steps. This will diversify the paths connecting the zones of your estate.
Landscape design involves the creation of building structures for outdoor recreation:
1. Pergolas allow you to organize beautiful floral arches, easy protection from the sun and wind by the pool and at the dining table, as well as to zone the space. These can be arched structures, canopies at the main building, separately standing structures.
2. Everyone is familiar with the functional purpose of the gazebo, while it can be embodied in a variety of configurations: open or closed, entwined with vegetation, located separately or adjacent to the house. Gazebos are created in classical, oriental, forest and rustic styles. There are also exclusive options with swing seats, in the form of a ship, a huge kettle, an igloo with a hole at the top for the smoke from the fire to escape, and so on.
3. The swing will please both very young and adult owners of private households. Be creative and place swings-sofas, hanging beds, benches, armchairs or round swings with a mattress in the garden.
Lighting of the site is a simple task, it is only necessary to arm yourself with diligence and patience. The correct approach to the installation of lamps will allow you to emphasize the necessary areas and hide unsightly locations. Lighting will give the design a completely new look, color the structure of your house, and the adjacent territory will come to life and sparkle with warmth and hospitality.
Please note – you do not need to fill the entire area with bright light, this will not give comfort, but, on the contrary, will reduce it and hit your budget. The main lighting is always focused on both the structure and the main elements of the site. The illumination is organized from top to bottom, from bottom to top, paths and reservoirs are highlighted, it can be contoured (to create shadows) and dotted.
You can buy lamps made of glass, plastic or metal in hardware stores, as well as create exclusive options on your own: cans or flashlights with LEDs; devices made of clothespins, tin cans; bottles with lamps inside; mini-sculptures made of wood holding lighting structures; crafts made of small logs; garlands; hanging jars with candles.
Whether you’re an individual looking to enhance your home’s aesthetic or a business seeking premium staircase railings, look no further than Luxury Staircase Railings. With a commitment to top-notch quality and an extensive range of options, we are the go-to choice for all your railing needs.