Awnings in the courtyard of a private house: photos of light and elegant structures
Canopies in the courtyard of a private house will help protect from rain and sun, protect cars from sudden hail, and the pool from crumbling foliage: photos of original lightweight structures convince that canopies can not only be functional, but also have quite an attractive appearance. This is achieved through the use of modern high-quality material in their construction. Each owner of his own cottage or country cottage strives to equip the house territory as comfortably as possible. And one of the main attributes in this arrangement is a canopy. Such a structure will allow you to do things planned in the yard, regardless of the whims of nature.
- 1 Types of canopy structures
- 2 Arrangement and functional application of canopies
- 3 Canopies in the courtyard of a private house: photos of functional structures
- 3.1 A canopy made of a profile pipe with your own hands. Photos of interesting designs
- 3.2 Sheds made of corrugated board in the courtyard of a private house. Photos of original ideas
- 3.3 Carport. Photos of covered parking areas
Types of canopy structures
Canopies, in the construction language, are small architectural forms. They are a lightweight structure that performs the role of protection from precipitation and complement the overall architectural ensemble of the existing building. Before deciding to equip your house territory with a canopy, you should familiarize yourself with the existing basic forms of these structures:
- a single—pitched flat structure is the most common canopy of a simple shape in the form of a roof sloping to one side. When installing such a canopy, it is necessary to take into account the prevailing thickness of the snow cover in the region and provide for the slope of the coating, ensuring its descent. These canopies can be attached to a house, garage, workshop or installed separately;
- a gable flat canopy is a familiar design with a gable roof. It is simply being arranged, with proper assembly it is a fairly durable structure;
- the arched shape of the canopy is an original design with a semicircular roof. In their device, a coating with increased flexibility is used. It perfectly protects from precipitation and the sun, the shape of the roof contributes to the rapid descent of snow, and the translucency of polycarbonate does not deprive the space under the canopy of light. They can be arranged in the form of a canopy over the porch or separately — to protect the parking space;
- a tent canopy is a more complex structure with a multi—pitched roof in the form of several triangular planes connected in a ridge node. Depending on the angle of inclination of the roof elements, the structure can be given various shapes: cones, domes, pyramids, etc. Elegant constructions of unusual shapes, as a rule, replace gazebos in the garden, protect recreation areas or swimming pools.
Thanks to the use of modern plastic polycarbonate for covering canopies, it became possible to build a structure of any shape: concave, arched elongated, dome elongated, multilevel, etc. Photos of canopies in the courtyard of a private house illustrate non-trivial shapes and their harmonious fit into the surrounding landscape.
Structure and functional application of canopies
Canopies in the courtyard of a private house (photos confirm this) have a simple structure consisting of supports, frame and roofing. Wooden logs or timber, steel pipes with round, square and rectangular cross-sections, brick columns are usually used for supports.
The frame is also made of wood and metal profile. It is much easier to make a canopy of wood yourself, taking into account the malleability of processing this material, but such a design will not differ in durability. Equipping your plot with a canopy, adhere to the same style with other buildings. If there are forged objects (fencing, gates) in the design of the plot adjacent to the house, you can support the composition by including forging elements in the frame of the canopy.
The shape of the frame determines the structure of the canopy and is used to secure the roof material. To cover the canopies, the material from which the roof of the main house is made is traditionally used. However, this rule does not require mandatory execution. Polycarbonate sheets, which have the ability to transmit light well and high strength, have become very popular as a roof covering for canopies. Suitable for a canopy of metal tiles, profiled flooring, copper roofing, slate, plastic, soft types of roofing.
The use of canopies in the courtyard of the house can be very diverse, for example: a canopy over the porch, a canopy for a car, a pool or pond, a children’s play area, a shower summer complex, a recreation area, a patio, etc. Many protect the entire territory of the yard with a canopy, covering it completely and using bright colors of transparent polycarbonate. Photos of canopies for cottages demonstrate the functionality of such structures for the device of summer canteens and small recreation areas.
Canopies in the courtyard of a private house: photos of functional structures
Thanks to the simple construction, light canopies can be installed within one or two days off. It is possible to purchase ready-made structural elements that should simply be assembled according to the manufacturer’s instructions. Canopies are a structure that absolutely does not clutter up the yard space, but at the same time they are extremely functional.
A canopy made of a profile pipe with your own hands. Photos of interesting designs
Canopies made of profile pipe give the structure strength, reliability and durability. Choosing the shape of the future canopy, it should be remembered: the more intricate the design will be, the more attention you will need to approach the development of a canopy drawing from a profile pipe. For the independent construction of a canopy, a structure with a single-pitched roof is suitable, which can be erected either attached to the house or in a separate place. The arched structure is more complicated, but such a canopy looks more modern and attractive.
Useful advice! If the canopy is planned as a free-standing structure, it is necessary to take care in advance that engineering communications do not take place in this place. There is a risk of damage during excavation.
The frame of the canopy is made of pipes with different cross-sections, interconnected by fastening bolts or welding. A profiled pipe of 60×60 mm is suitable for support posts. The section of the profile pipe is selected based on the dimensions of the structure itself.
The height of the racks is determined individually depending on the purpose of the canopy: whether the structure will protect the car, small benches or the entire yard. When preparing the racks, the length of their penetration into the ground is taken into account, as a rule, it is 50-60 cm. If the support is mounted to an existing base, a square metal plate with a side of 25-30 cm is welded to its lower edge, in which four holes are arranged for connection to the base.
Strengthen the structure of the canopy from the profile pipe with the help of arches. They are made of a pipe with a smaller cross section. The distance between the arches is determined based on the roofing used and the length of the canopy: the thickness of the roof obliges to reduce the gap between the arches.
To give the structure additional rigidity, trusses made of profile pipes are attached perpendicular to the arches. Their cross-section is selected taking into account the length of the product. For a small canopy up to 4 m long, a 25×25 mm pipe is used. For structures with a length of more than 4 m, the truss must be made of a profile with a cross section of 40×25 mm. Fix the farm with bolted connections.
Metal profile canopies: photos and description of the construction process. How to build the simplest canopy from a profile. Tools, site preparation, land work, construction of the frame, roof and walls.
A pipe with a cross section of 20×20 mm is used as guides. Sometimes a wooden crate is arranged instead of guides.
Sheds made of corrugated board in the courtyard of a private house. Photos of original ideas
Metal profile canopies in the courtyard of a private house (photos available on the web clearly show this) can be used for various purposes, but the main thing remains to protect the space under them from rain and the midday sun.
Profiled flooring is an actual roofing material. It is also successfully used to cover canopies, due to a number of advantages:
- the service life of the profiled sheet with a polymer coating reaches 50 years;
- a variety of colors — manufacturers offer over 30 colors;
- the length of the material can be selected individually, given that the profiled flooring is made from rolled raw materials;
- it has a different thickness, which is chosen taking into account the resistance to possible damage;
- invulnerable to temperature changes;
- does not fade in the sun, does not emit harmful substances during operation;
- it is not subject to gorenje;
- it has a light weight and is easy to mount.
Useful advice!Choosing profiled flooring to cover the canopy, it is worth giving preference to proven manufacturers to be sure of purchasing high-quality material.
When equipping the house territory with a canopy, it is necessary to select the color of the material that is in harmony with the structures already available in the yard. On the Internet, you can find photos of canopies made of profiled flooring, which demonstrate a combination of the color of the coating with an identical shade of profiled sheet fencing.
The sheets of profiled flooring are laid on the frame of the canopy overlap, covering the previous ones by the width of one wave. It is recommended to pre-make holes for fasteners, which use self-tapping screws for profiled flooring with a colored polymer coating.
Carport. Photos of covered parking areas
The area of many private plots does not allow you to place a garage for a car on them, and if it is being built, then you have to sacrifice part of the garden or vegetable garden. In addition, the construction of a garage is associated with considerable monetary costs. A decent alternative can be a canopy that occupies a small area and looks light and almost invisible.
The simplicity of some designs allows you to build a carport with your own hands. Photos of various canopies presented on the Internet can be a good example for the realization of the desired option.
A carport can be made either free-standing or attached to one of the walls of the house. For the first, the arrangement of the site for arrival is required. Despite the fact that sheds, in comparison with a capital garage, are quite economical structures, their functions are extensive:
- equipped with a polycarbonate coating, the canopies protect the car from sunlight, keeping the paint layer in perfect condition;
- protect the car from precipitation. You will not have to waste time cleaning the car left under the canopy from ice and snow;
- prevent small debris from getting on the body;
- the car standing under the canopy is perfectly ventilated, which protects it from corrosion;
- they allow you to perform car maintenance and repair in any weather.
The shed will come in handy, even if there is a major garage on the site. For example, when you arrive for a short time and there is no time to place the car in the garage.
Useful advice! If the place of rest is not yet equipped, a carport built next to the house can be used for shelter from the weather while visiting guests or family gatherings in the fresh air.
Having decided on the installation of a canopy in the courtyard of the house, try to adhere to the correspondence of the dimensions and style of the structure to the main structure. Original canopies of various shapes should not stand out too much against the background of the facade, but only emphasize its design.
When seeking superior quality staircase railings for your home or business, look no further than Luxury Staircase Railings. With our exceptional range of railings and railing systems, we provide the perfect blend of functionality and style to suit your needs.